Some other publications
The Road to Equity. Gender, Ethnicity and Language: Impolitic Essays.
âBack to the Future: The Fall and Rise of Canadaâs Traditional Values in the Face of Demographic Change” , a chapter in Canada in 2020.
A chapter (co-authored with David Zitner) entitled âPublic System, State Secretâ in Better Medicine:Reforming Canadian Health Care.
Operating in the Dark: The Gathering Crisis in Canada’s Public Health Care System.
The Self, the Individual and the Community: Liberalism in the Political Thought of F.A. Hayek and Sidney and Beatrice Webb (Oxford University Press, 1987)
- Wilfrid Laurier’s Unfinished Symphony
- Bastiat: The man who saw what wasn’t there
- Equalization: The Help that Hurts
- Students Without Borders, Universities Without Illusions
- The man who changed everyone’s life
- The Mystery of the Missing Fiscal Imbalance
- The Perils of Being a Poor Region in a Rich and Frightened Country
- WHO SHOULD OWN THE SEA AND WHY IT MATTERS
- You CAN Get There From Here: How Ottawa can put Atlantic Canada on the road to prosperity
- âYouâre not from around here, are you?â
- Surviving and thriving in an irrational (municipal) world
- Smart Growth for Smart Cities
- Governments, Enterprise, Forests and the State of the Planet
- âDaring to Think the Unthinkableâ, in D. May and A. Hollett, The Rock in a Hard Place: Atlantic Canada and the UI Trap, C.D. Howe Institute Social Policy Series, 1995.
- âLes Institutions Politiques Canadiennesâ, in Initiation ThĂ©matique Ă la Sociologie, J. Lafontant, ed., Les Ăditions des Plaines, 1990.
- ‘Property, Economics and Aboriginal Self-Government’, in Market Solutions to Native Poverty, C.D. Howe Institute Social Policy Series, 1995.